Sean got off work early on Friday and we drove up with Calvin and made our first stop at the Portland temple. Sean and Calvin ran around on the grounds while I had some peaceful time inside. It was really nice because I know it will be while before I get the chance to go back.
My sweet sister Nedda watched Calvin while Sean and I got a real date! We went to an Ethiopian restaurant called Dalo's near her house and got STUFFED on their spongy bread and sauce fillings. It was soooooooo good. I'm a sucker for good ethnic food.
After dinner we walked 3 blocks to a place called Pix Patisserie and I got the most amazing creme' brulee ever- I even woke up dreaming about it- it was Amazing! I mmmmed and ahhhed my way through every bite.
Then we went and stayed at a hotel that we got at a discounted rate through our good friends. So nice! Sean and Calvin even went swimming in the pool the next morning.
In all of the years I've lived in Oregon I've never been to the Portland Rose garden, so it was high time to finally mark it off of the checklist (Crater Lake is next now). I wasn't disappointed. So many amazing, beautiful flowers. The weather was great, lots of people were meandering and we even saw people taking wedding photos. I had fun taking lots of close up shots of the roses. Maybe roses will be the next theme for my collage frame I have in my living room.
This is one of my favorite shots
On our way back out of town, we had to stop at this little gem we discovered a few years ago in Lake Oswego. We love their burgers and shakes and the no-nonsense atmosphere of the place. They only take cash so we had to run to an ATM, but I got a yummy bleu-cheese burger and a blackberry milkshake. They have like 15 kinds of burgers and it just is yummy. Not totally cheap though, lunch for the 3 of us was over $25.
I've heard a lot about Anthropologie from my friends but have never ventured there myself, so I made a point of us visiting the store in Lake Oswego. I didn't buy much but had a lot of fun looking around. My favorite was the bins of drawer pulls they had- so unique and fun. It made me want to go out and buy a bunch of dressers to refinish...but for now I just admired, greatly admired. 
And that was our weekend excursion! We had a fabulous time. It was a well deserved break and now I feel much more ready to have this bambina come...

6 comments:
What a great weekend! I love Ethiopian food! Love your picture of the rose garden.
I can't wait for your little pink bundle!
I love Anthropologie...too bad you have to be rich to shop there!
Glad you had such a great weekend, that all sounds like so much fun!
How fun! I'm glad you got to getaway! ☺ I love good milshakes. I'll have to try that spot in Portland out!
I love that store, and I spent forever looking at those knobs, they are so cute. Love April
I've never been to Giant--and I live much closer than you do! Glad you informed me. Sounds yummy.
Good for you for making a weekend before the pipsqueak shows up. The only mistake you made was not calling me so I could watch Calvin so BOTH of you could go to the temple. He looks like a barrel of laughs and Bridget always loves having a friend to play with.
Looking forward to pics of the little one!
What a fun weekend. Looks like you went to some great places. Things we haven't done. Next time we are in portland we might have to copy your ideas and go to some of these places. I am glad you got to go to the temple.
Post a Comment