This is a tutorial for all those who are not well versed in the so called "nesting instinct." It can take on many forms and varies by pregnancy. Last time nesting for me involved lots of cleaning. This time however, it has taken a new form...painting projects. See below for further detail.
PROJECT ONE
Step one: Purchase old dresser from garage sale. Require husband (who strangely does not get bit by the nesting bug) to sand said dresser.
Step two: Paint dresser "Desert Caravan," otherwise known as "puke-orange tan." Try not to laugh when husband states that this is a nice color.
Step three: Paint Calypso Teal recycled from leftover bathroom paint over the orange/tan.
Step four: Paint two coats of white over all previously stated colors.Step six: (To be completed)- Fill dresser with new baby girl clothes!
PROJECT TWO
Step one: Take kids' table and chairs and scuff up red paint
Step two: Paint everything tan. Cut out shapes (borrow circle cutter from wonderful friend Margaret) to stencil out (its supposed to be a "learning" table right?)
Step three: (To be completed)- paint shapes different colors and admire your craftiness.
I'll post the final pics when they're all completed!
- State to husband that you also want to paint the dining chairs and table AND get all caught up on not printing photos for the past year, but accept the fact that the table probably won't get done in the next 3 weeks. The photos aren't an option though!
These projects are the only thing keeping me from wanting to have the baby tomorrow! It keeps me sane to realize I'm not quite ready yet. But I better be soon because this bebe is making her debut in less than a month-eek!
4 comments:
What a clever post Anna! I'm so impressed! Love all the nesting projects. You can nest at my house anytime☺
I'm dying to find an old dresser I can refinish for Addie's room. Poor girl has never had a dresser; her clothes are stuffed on a little rack in the closet. Anywho, I'll have to follow your step-by-step instructions when I finally get one :)
I seriously can NOT wait to see what that table set turns out like? Isn't painting furniture the best? I had an old dresser that I've hauled around and my Mom mentioned painting. I did it in black and LOVE It. Black is a little less tricky than all your well planned ideas though!
So when do we get to see the finished product?!
Post a Comment