Friday, August 22, 2008

Hold your Horses...

Yesterday, after feeling the theoretical "coconut-between-the-legs" with the baby's head dropped so low, and being very tired and uncomfortable, I started panicking about not being ready.

My exact thoughts were, "If this baby came tonight... wait, she can't come tonight...I'm not ready!" So I did what any good nesting mother would do. I got the car seat out of the garage, I started going through the clothes and planning the going home outfits, I went to Target and added 2 more packs of diapers to my already growing pile, I stopped short of moving the bassinet into the room because I figured it would just be in the way...so now I'm feeling a little bit more ready. The 'nesting' dresser is still sitting in the garage and the new baby clothes haven't been washed yet- hello weekend project. Whew!

(The funniest part of this whole episode is when my husband was talking to his mom while I was in the midst of my flurry and said, "Yeah, Anna's busy nesting." I guess it was obvious.)

3 comments:

Lawther family said...

That means this little lady is coming soon! How exciting. Nesting, how funny we all look as we run around with our heads cut off trying to "prepare"
Good luck! :)

Margaret said...

I am SO excited for you! She is going to be beautiful like her mom. And, she is SO lucky to have you to be her momma.

I see Tannya gave you my gift for her. (Unless someone else gave you the same outfit. LOL.)

LaDawn said...

How exciting she will be a great addition to your wonderful family.