Sunday, August 10, 2008

Accident Free Since... 8/6/08

No this is not a report on worker safety like you see at construction zones (although I was the OSHA safety manager at work once upon a time), but rather a potty training success story! You see, little Cal-Cal, who just turned 2 a few days ago, has been potty training for almost 2 months. We have had our ups and downs and there were times I almost threw in the towel, or more literally, the diaper. But thanks to my supportive and experienced friends, I pushed forward and now we have had 5, count 'em FIVE accident free days AND he tells us when he needs to go AND he runs to the potty voluntarily (hear the choir sing)! My life as a mother could not get any happier (not to mention my laundry piles). One of the secrets to my final success, besides persistence, is a well-known treat called M & M's. We have a bag of plain ones sitting on the window sill and my kid is well versed in the fact that going potty will get him one of the said "m-m's" as he calls them. His favorite are the yellow ones which strangely is the color they have the least of in our bag.

3 comments:

Birrd said...

I'm totally amazed. Neither of my boys trained until they were three. I've started working on Roo, but it's not going well. I keep telling myself it's because she's still only two and a half, and then I hear stories like yours. Grrrr! I even use M&Ms! What's wrong with me?

I must have the link to your new blog....

Margaret said...

SO great!!! Good job!

Oh and love the new blog layout!

Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.