This is one of those moments where you're not proud as a parent on how much kids pick up from you... so I rarely get mad and yell at my kid, I've kept it quite contained I'm proud to say. But when I have gotten steamed and pushed to the point, my german background comes out and I've been known to yell "NEIN!"- to tell my kid "no" It's what comes out and I can't help that German is a good, strong, commanding language (it's great for dog commands). My hubby warned me that this might not be good to say to the kid, but... I didn't listen. Now we have our own little "NEIN!" robot. The last few days I think he has said it at least 100 times, maybe more. He loves to tell it to us and boy is he good at it. I'll have to record it and post a video because in retrospect, I know it will be pretty funny. For now though, I'm trying to be very soft and sweet and say "Oh honey, we say "no thank you," to which I get a response of..."NEIN!" If this doesn't try our patience, I don't know what will.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Our Little German Warrior
This is one of those moments where you're not proud as a parent on how much kids pick up from you... so I rarely get mad and yell at my kid, I've kept it quite contained I'm proud to say. But when I have gotten steamed and pushed to the point, my german background comes out and I've been known to yell "NEIN!"- to tell my kid "no" It's what comes out and I can't help that German is a good, strong, commanding language (it's great for dog commands). My hubby warned me that this might not be good to say to the kid, but... I didn't listen. Now we have our own little "NEIN!" robot. The last few days I think he has said it at least 100 times, maybe more. He loves to tell it to us and boy is he good at it. I'll have to record it and post a video because in retrospect, I know it will be pretty funny. For now though, I'm trying to be very soft and sweet and say "Oh honey, we say "no thank you," to which I get a response of..."NEIN!" If this doesn't try our patience, I don't know what will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
But he's so cute! You will think this is funny in a few years because I think it's very funny!
Love it!
Maybe my kids are German?!☺
Man he is so cute. I love it.
That is such a great picture. What a cutie he is.
He is getting so big! Im glad you guys are doing so well. I love to see what all my friends are up to.
LOVE it!
Do try and capture it on video, though, for us.
Oh Anna! That is so funny. What a little personality!
So I'm gonna say what everone else did--that is so funny! Really. Kids never cease to crack me up.
Post a Comment