Thursday, January 17, 2008

Old House/New House

So many of you know that we moved into a house this past summer. (Yay!) And although we're still renting, we got to paint and personalize the place! Here are some before and after pics of our hard work. Later I'll put up a pic of the outside of the house for you all to see. The house fits us well and we are very comfortable here. No more cramped apartment!

Guest Room
Red & White before... (after we tore off the wallpaper)
Soothing Green & Tan (or "Ryefields" if you will) after

Master Bedroom

Minty Green before...
"Beacon Fog" Blue after... (with my homemade quilt)

Cal's RoomLemon yellow before... Khaki green after.

Ta-Da! The transformation is complete! See all of the details on our slideshow posted above. And for all of you out there who have done any sort of updating to your home- I feel for you! Even just a simple paint job and pulling up carpet is a lot of work. Here's to many late nights and hard working weekends, all in the name of improving our humble abodes. Happy painting!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Your house looks beautiful! Our house on Bertzen Road took a lot of work like that. But it is worth it when it's done! Good job!

Andria said...

I am coming over. I love your color choices. Maybe this year I finally learn to paint walls. Thanks for the inspiration (again).

Birrd said...

Wow, I saw the "before" but I never made it over to see the "after." You did a great job! I'm sorry the old family dresser isn't there to make the look complete, but you would have had to sand it down and repaint it, which would have been more work-- maybe not what you want right now!