Lest you be deceived...my kid is by no means potty trained. He still wears diapers 24/7. BUT- we started introducing the idea of sitting on the potty about 7 months ago. His first birthday present was a potty (are we sick as parents or what? Ok, not we, ME.). Anyways, 'potty time' has turned into 'reading books time' which makes everyone happy. Calvin even has a special 'book' drawer in the bathroom, which he is constantly rummaging through. No, we are not expecting any miracles, but hopefully when the day comes to transition to underwear, it won't be such a giant battle. Good luck to those who are in the midst of this trial though!
1 comment:
Potty Training...the BANE of motherhood. Sigh. I can't believe I've survived it 4 times! You are so patient...you will do a great job, when you think he's ready.
I recommend the movie "Potty Power" from the library. Jen recommended it to me and it's awesome. They have lots of catchy songs that sadly I know most of the words to now. My favorite is "No more Diapers for me!" (For Mr. B not me) :-)
Post a Comment