Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What a Day...!

I have lots of thoughts on my mind so this is a rambling post. Like- what was I thinking when I got out of bed today? This was really one of those days when I wished I could go back to days when I could sleep in bed as long as I wanted and didn't have to answer to anyone.

Ok so it wasn't that bad, but there were stressful moments. Like the moment Calvin and I were in Rite Aid ordering photos at the 1 hour kiosk and Calvin who is happily munching on dry cereal starts having a hacking, coughing fit that sounds like I've been making him inhale exhaust smoke for his whole 19 month life. It was seriously first, worrisome and second, embarrassing (although embarrassing was almost first). I looked around to see who was witnessing this and it was only some middle-aged skinny guy wearing a plaid shirt who looked like he's had his fair share of tar smoke too. Now my kid has a cold and has been coughing a little, but nothing as bad as what he did in the store. To make matters worse, he kept shoveling in the cereal and then coughed so hard that he puked it all up over himself (sorry for the graphics). I had no wipes and only a burp rag that I was using to wipe his nose. I got him as clean as I could, finished my photo order and hi-tailed it to the library where I got a clean, private bathroom to clean us both up in. Phew. I had to buy some chocolate after that.

The only other bad things that happened were the car wouldn't start this afternoon and I burnt dinner so we ate Cheerios with bananas. The car might just need gas- hopefully that is all it is (anyone know a good mechanic?). I also learned that I am a emotional eater when I ate pretzels with hot fudge after the sequence of stressful moments. Hmmmm, might need to work on that one.

3 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Anna... that was so sad and so funny at the same time. i hate those days. I'm not an emotional eater, but I eat when I'm procastinating doing something I would rather not... and there are a lot of things I'd rather not do throughout the day :)

It was fun to see you at book club!

Margaret said...

Yeah for seeing you at book club too!

I'm glad we have chocolate in common as well.

Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.