I've never been one to get "too into" any sort of show. The emotional ties it makes can be more of a hassle than its worth so I've chosen to coolly distance myself in the past. Not so this year. It must have something to do with being tired at night (because of the prego) and wanting to hole up in the warm bedroom, but I have been watching a lot of A.I. aka American Idol from day ONE. And let me tell you, the last few weeks, I cannot wait until the next Tuesday rolls around and I can finally have "Idol night!" These are my secret opinions on the show:
1. I was really bummed when nerdy guy didn't make it into the top 24. He was fun and had way more personality and talent than the pretty boy that took his place and got voted off the next week.
2. My top two picks right now (to answer my friend Margaret's question) are Chikeze and Brooke White. I really liked how well Chikeze did on the first Beatle's week, and I often like to root for the underdog.
3. I even voted last week for my top two picks. I felt like such a teeny bopper but I felt good knowing I contributed to my latest obsession.
4. I really can't stand Kristy Lee Cook and wish she would get voted off and not disgrace Oregon anymore. I would love her if she is good, but she isn't...so go! Maybe she is just staying long enough to meet Simon's top ten predictions.
5. I usually agree with Simon except last night he seemed especially mean and I didn't agree. Maybe he had a date stand him up. Gotta go catch the results! (update: Rocker girl is gone- didn't love her but she added diversity I guess...)
You probably won't hear from me now for at least another week. I have "scheduled" blogging time now!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
My secret obsession
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE American Idol, too! Glad to hear you're in the same boat.
Hope all is well with you...
Anna!!
Hey, I'm so glad I found your blog...through Margaret's. I love AI too and am SO glad that the rocker chic is gone. I can't handle her...diversity or not!
How are you guys doing? How's little Calvin?
Yeah that you've scheduled blog time!!!
Thanks for answering my AI question. I do love Brook White. I haven't connected to Chickeasy (ha ha...I don't remember how he spells his name) Mostly because I don't think I'd buy his CD. Loving my David still...but wishing Michael Johns was doing better.
I'm glad to know we have something else in common though!!
Post a Comment