The funny thing about chain stores is, you could be anywhere in the world and practically not know it. Because once you step into WalMart or Target or the likes, they all look the same. Its kind of eery. Even Winco. For the most part I know where everything is because they have the same set up as the one I shopped at in Oregon.
Anyhoo I think I've sworn off Wal-mart for quite a while now. I went in tonight because I needed q-tips and dish soap along with my food items. I thought it would be better to go to Wal-Mart instead of Winco. Not so people. NOT SO.
First (and please tell me if this is happening in Wal-Marts around you too), I walk in and there is a tv screen on the ceiling telling me about fresh and guaranteed broccoli. Okay....weird. Then as I keep going there are intermittent tv screens on end cap displays. One telling me my family will love me if I make them a Manwich. What?! I've never even eaten one before- I barely know what it is- but I found myself almost thinking about buying one! There were more but I tried to ignore them. Couple that noise with a few screaming kids and the hustle and bustle of Saturday night shopping and you make one crazy night. I came home in a bad mood, had to eat some treats and watch an episode of The Middle (and laughed my head off) on hulu just to relieve my stress. Phew! Should've gone to Winco. Next time people. NEXT TIME.

1 comment:
...because we all need Manwitches!
Thank you for making me laugh.
Post a Comment