A few years ago I started baking bread with my friend Valerie and she introduced me to the amazing Bosch mixer where you can make 5 loaves of bread at once and NEVER have to knead it once. The mixer does all of the work. It is simply amazing. This started from me going to her house frequently and baking bread with our babies in backpacks or playing on the floor.

Then one day my sister's fiance found the steal.of.the.century. A Bosch mixer, in perfect working condition, at Deseret Industries for....12 dollars. I don't think this deal has ever before or since been heard of. Mind you these things sell for $400 brand new! Soon I was happily mixing up my own batches of whole wheat bread with store bought flour or borrowing friends' grinders.

Not so anymore with the acquisition of this bad boy! After much research, this tiny little miracle is deceptively simple. It has a part that attaches directly onto my Bosch motor (I have to lay the motor on its side) and then grinds away fresh milled flour. Then if I found after starting the dough that I don't have enough flour- no problem! I just whip this grinder back on and throw some more wheat in the hopper. Very cool. Its called Family Grain Mill and its made in Germany which sealed the deal for me.
Then one day my sister's fiance found the steal.of.the.century. A Bosch mixer, in perfect working condition, at Deseret Industries for....12 dollars. I don't think this deal has ever before or since been heard of. Mind you these things sell for $400 brand new! Soon I was happily mixing up my own batches of whole wheat bread with store bought flour or borrowing friends' grinders.
Not so anymore with the acquisition of this bad boy! After much research, this tiny little miracle is deceptively simple. It has a part that attaches directly onto my Bosch motor (I have to lay the motor on its side) and then grinds away fresh milled flour. Then if I found after starting the dough that I don't have enough flour- no problem! I just whip this grinder back on and throw some more wheat in the hopper. Very cool. Its called Family Grain Mill and its made in Germany which sealed the deal for me.
One of my family's recent favorites has been cinnamon bread- cinnamon, sugar, butter...you can't go wrong.
The above left loaf is onion & herb. Sunflower seed bread has also been really yummy. I've also been experimenting with soaking the flour before I mix in all the ingredients and use the recipe found here. It is identical to the basic Bosch whole wheat bread recipe except you soak the flour in an acid the night before. Let me know what you think if you give it a try.
Modern homemakers unite!
Modern homemakers unite!
4 comments:
Hey there- after reading about your bread making- I thought this looked good to make with homemade dough. I am making it tonight with frozen store dough because it was a last minute dinner menu change so I hope it is as good. Here is the link
http://ivoryhut.com/2010/08/crazy-pizza-bread/
Your bread looks delicious- I wish we were neighbors and I could come over and use your Bosch and make yummy homemade bread.
You inspire me to bake! (Ok, not really, but that is awesome you do it!!)
You seriously found a bosch at goodwill for $12!?!?!? Do you realize the envy you are creating in me?! I have dreamed of a Bosch. My husband was sweet enough to get me a KitcheAid instead--but he doesn't understand. The KitchenAid is half the price because it's truly have the machine. Way to go! Those look like AMAZING loaves of bread.
P.S. Calvin is so stinkin cute. I just caught up on his birthday blog. He is just one of those kids you love from the instant you see his genuinely happy smile and those innocent clear eyes.
I need to find one of those!
Post a Comment