Here she is sporting her birthday crown (I left the sequin "2" off because it took her about 10 seconds to rip the "4" off Calvin's crown last month. Sigh.)
Rocking it out with AC/DC and heels to boot. This girl is going places!
Some of Mira's favorites/stats:
- My purse. She loves to pull it down, dig into it and then when I tell her not to- ask "why?" in the sweetest little girl voice.
- Lately she has been sleeping on a twin size mattress on the floor, one of her favorite things is to sneak out of bed, grab a book and race back to lay down and read it. It is so cute it is hard to be mad about.
- I think I already mentioned before how good she is at getting lids off bottles, drawers open, etc!
- She is so tender-hearted it melts my heart. If I ever get mad at her, she just cries with hurt feelings and I immediately apologize and give her a hug.
- She is the funnest baby to put down for a nap- 2 minutes in the rocking chair and her placid, baby face is in la-la land. Love it.
- She will let me fix her hair, but is pretty good at pulling it out too. Especially if we're driving in the car and she is bored. She's been known to have a clump of baby hair in her fist along with the uprooted rubberband! So--- sometimes we just don't fix her hair. Its all abou the au-naturale baby look (except clothed)
- She is very good at her animal sounds and identification. Moo, ruff and meow are her three favorite.
- She is a good eater! Often we'll give the kids a toned down version of what we're eating, and then she'll usually commandeer one of our bowls- veggies, meat, spices and all! I've called her my "spicy girl" since my pregnancy because I craved spicy foods with her and she will eat spicy foods too. I've put Sriracha (red pepper sauce) on this girl's eggs and she won't bat an eye. Pepperjack cheese? More please. Salsa? Yes-a Mama. Black pepper? The more the better. Like I said: Spicy Girl.
- 'Mira' means 'to look' (verb) in Spanish so I guess that means she's a looker too! My funniest story about this is when we were at a park and there were a few Hispanic families having parties at the same time. One little kid was on the playground near Mira, which was across the bridge from me. I saw a dog and wanted to point it out to Mira so I yelled, "Mira! Mira! Look! Look! A doggie!" (she calls them "goggies") And the kid who was about 3-4 years old looked at me and said, "huh?" And I realized that to him I had just said "look" 4 times, in two different languages. It cracked me up. I guess it would be kind of weird if someone named their kid "Look" But "Mira" just fits her (plus I had no choice, she told me her name in a dream)
- She is a very curious and happy girl.
- At the playground, she LOVES the swing. Always has. She could swing for 30 minutes straight and not ask to get down. Lately she keeps telling me- "Higher Mommy!"
- Her language skills are awesome. About 2-3 months ago she started stringing together 5 word sentences: "Can I Calvin's shirt please?" Sean and I would stop and look at eachother and count the words on our hands and just stare in amazement.
- She keeps up with the crowd. Very important with a go-getter older brother. Often she makes up activities that he imitates because she is so cute and creative. She's got dance moves that would make Elvis jealous!
We love our little Mir-Mir!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment