How is it, that in a house filled with toys, that some simple sticks and mud out-trumps them all?
Would somebody please explain why we even bother buying toys? I guess I should've figured this out before I went to Target for their birthday presents.
Could've saved some serious cash.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just be out back getting another stick off the tree for my kid. Oh, no, he broke it?
No problem, we've got about a thousand more.
And if we run out for some strange reason, we've got enough dirt to play in until his fingernails turn permanently black.
The cost for these gems?
$0.
The best things in life really are free.
4 comments:
This is so funny and true! My parents always tell a story about Seth when he was three or four and my grandparents went insane at Christmas and all he wanted to play with was one of the cardboard boxes.
I love your posts Anna! They are so funny! :)
I know what you mean, Kase crys every time the lawn mower guy tries to throw his stick away and I have to go dig it out of all the grass clipping and Grant always seems to leave a brown ring in my bath tub form the dirt he has collected through the day. Boys are so much fun Calvin sounds just like mine:)
Boys boys boys...What can I say? I am wondering if Haylee will actually be any different. I'm sure we all played with our share of cardboard boxes and sticks when we were little.
Post a Comment