Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bed Time Stories/Sean's First Post

Let me start by saying that coming up with bed time stories is a work of art. Recently, Calvin has been asking for stories about the neighbor's cat, which we thought was a boy until yesterday. After making up stories about the cat climbing trees and playing in the backyard, the next best option was a story about the cat waterskiing. It turns out, he really enjoyed the story, so much that he didn't even take a nap that day. Truthfully, Sean thinks this post is totally stupid, but Anna and her family are extremely crazy about cats. Imagining a cat waterskiing behind a bayliner was enough to make Anna laugh for a good 5 minutes. [Anna wants to add that the funniest part of the story was when the cat put an ad on Craigslist to find a waterskiing buddy.]

On a side note, Calvin and Sean will be creating a cookbook of their favorite recipes later this year. The top three recipes will include: Chicken Nuggets, Tater Tots, and PB&J dipped in Chicken Noodle Soup. Tuesday for lunch they couldn't decide which BBQ sauce to dip their nuggets in so they tried them all.

4 comments:

Brady and Brooke said...

There is a funny low budget movie called Rubin and Ed. One part has a cat waterskiing. Pretty funny.

Unknown said...

I thought I was the only person on the planet who had seen Rueben and Ed. My YM Pres. let me borrow it when I was 16 and I haven't heard anyone else speak of it since. I love the scene in the desert when Ruebin drinks sweat from his own shoe.

Sean

Margaret said...

I love you guys!!!

Berlinbound said...

PB&J with Chicken Noodle Soup - that is a new one. Looking forward to the book!

You have a a lovely blog.