Tuesday, July 15, 2008

About Time!

Hey all! Apparently the news of me having a girl knocked me off my feet so much that I haven't been able to post for literally 3 months. What, pray tell, have I been doing this whole time you ask? Here my friend, is a brief synopsis:
  • Uploading and cataloging old pictures onto the computer- This is one from when my husband was in the hospital and had to have surgery 4 years ago. I wouldn't necessary call it fun times, but it was definitely bonding and memorable times.
  • Working in the yard and trying our green thumbs at gardening. Here are Cal and Sean raking up a storm.
  • Pet trial and error- we had a kitten for a few days but found out Calvin was allergic, since then we've had 5 different dog breeds stay at our house. We're dog testing for when we get one someday WAY down the road.
  • Painting our bathroom over Memorial Day weekend- here is the "after" color. I call it "Calypso Teal"- I mixed about 3 different colors to come up with this and absolutely love my Carribean bathroom.
  • Visiting family in Idaho in May. Calvin had a blast with his cousin and my family and I got to be a fun pregnant bridesmaid for my BFF since 4th grade! We have a saying that we'll be friends until Dolly Parton goes flat, Pink Flamingos turn green or Niagra Falls runs dry and so far none of those have happened. It was a great wedding.

  • Potty training- need I say more? My life pretty much revolves around it now. Those who know me know I carry a portable potty seat everywhere we go and I scout out the bathroom within 3 milliseconds of arriving anywhere. I even had Calvin use the port-a-potties at the Olympic trials- thanks to his seat it was much more sanitary. I think his seat is my new best friend. (I highly recommend it to anyone potty shopping- it's made by Baby Bjorn)

  • Hosting my immediate family reunion here and the beach. I love my big fun family and I love that all 14 of us could crash here at our house. The bad part was that 1/2 of us ended up with stomach flu 1/2 the time and couldn't stomach some of the yummy food we tried to make. The great part was that we had great weather and an awesome time together.
  • Last but not least...growing a baby! By the end of a long day, all I want to do is put my feet up and sit in front of the fan. Sitting in front of the computer just sounds like torture, hence- no posting! But here is a picture of most of us who are currently pregnant, in order of due date. Our babies will have lots of friends.Well that is my life in a nutshell. The latest is that I only have 7 weeks left of being pregnant, albeit the hottest 7 weeks of the year. But we are SO excited to meet this wiggle-worm girl in a few months.

I can't wait to read what all of my friends have been up to lately. Happy blogging!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Yeah!!! Anna updated her blog! I've been hoping you would! I haven't got to see you enough. Maybe it's this pregnancy thing you've got going but I miss you. ♥

Emily said...

Hey!! I was so excited to see that you had posted! Good recap, and I love that you carry a potty seat with you everywhere. Calvin isn't much older than Easton...I'm nowhere NEAR ready to start thinking about that. Yikes!

I'm glad you're feeling good with your pregnancy, good luck with the last few weeks!

I love the picture of all the pregnant girls, but I can't tell who everyone is...is that Teresa???

Kirsten said...

I am so glad that you posted. You have been busy so I understand. I am glad you brought me up to date. Wow 7 weeks left, that is wonderful.

The Wimmer 5 said...

Yeah! I have been missing you. So good to see what's going on. I'm glad you only have 7 weeks left. Your pictures of course make me miss "home." Glad all is going well. Love ya.

Mlynczyk said...

I am glad to see an update! The girls at the office were telling me a little bit about what you have been up to. Crazy to think that you have 7 weeks left...I have 11 weeks left. Yay for baby girls :)

LaDawn said...

Anna, It was good to get the update. I was standing around when the pregnancy picture was taken it was really fun to see the stages of pregnancy. Hope that you are able to find something to keep you cool over the next little bit.

Mary said...

I knew you were up to something! Excited to hear about the girl and how fun to have the whole family at your place (sorry to hear you weren't feeling well though). Love the bathroom color.

The Cottle Family said...

Your blog looks so good, if you need help posting things after baby comes let me know I can do it for you. Love April

Tania said...

Yes, potty training. Good idea to carry a seat with you! I love the picture of all you cute pregnant ladies! Now one by one you'll have your sweet little bundles. So fun!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Welcome back Anna. I love your positive outlook on life. I'm glad to see you've been so busy and having so much fun. You're awesome

Annie