Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Dream Babies

5 years ago I had a dream about a sweet, perfect 10 month old baby girl named Mira...and here is the first picture of her of the day on her 10 month birthday. We were in the car at 5 am getting ready to drive to Boise. Would that I could freeze this moment in time for eternity, but like all days, it came and went, and my little baby is just shy of a year now.

Meanwhile, my dream baby boy just turned 3 (!)- he was throughly enjoying his party hat, cupcake/ice cream cones (I baked the cake batter directly in the ice cream cone and then scooped ice cream on top) and being sung to by his friends. This picture really captures his happy, energetic spirit.

Like most mothers, I am in awe of how quickly my children are growing before my eyes. I don't know if I'll ever recover over the "but I just delivered you yesterday" feeling...and yet these pictures give me a bright hope of what is in store for the future

3 comments:

Aimeeable said...

Oh crud! Anna I should have read your blog earlier!!

I am just now baking cupcakes this morning for Izzie's b-day playgroup today (I don't procrastinate) and we were going to serve icecream cones. Your idea about baking in the cake mix is awesome! I just wish I had seen it sooner.

PS your baby girl looks like an angel

Margaret said...

They are getting SO big. I can't believe Lowden is 12 today. Where does the time go? Enjoy every moment.

Brandi said...

I guess we just have to absolutely love every stage of our children's lives, and never hope for the next one. Just wait patiently...LOL