Am I the only one who cries every time I hear the "Signing Time" songs??? Ever since I first saw the DVD a few years ago, I can't help but tear up every time, "it's signing time with Alex and Leah..." comes on. Call me a sap, I guess. The funny thing is I'm not usually a crier, but "Signing Time" has a special place in my heart.p.s. I'm baaaaacccckkkk and will update with lots more posts very soon!
6 comments:
Now it doesn't move me to tears, but I don't have the same family background as you do. I guess watching the opening sequence of COPS makes me tear up.... Just kidding =)
We love signing time! I miss living in Eugene and having access to the library there. We checked out their DVD's all the time.
Izabella can sign and sing the entire opening song. Iz had such a speech delay that if it hadn't been for those movies, I never would have been able to communicate with her. The other day we started making flash cards for the signs she's learned and Signing Time has taught her over 120 signs!
I love your family picture! You guys look so great! It was so nice finally meeting you last summer! We need to keep in touch! My blog is private, but shoot me and email and I'll add ya! rizupan@gmail.com
I loved those DVDs when Bennett was little. I kind of miss them.
I'm glad you are back!
I have no idea what you're referring to, but really, after having kids, do you still need an excuse to tear up over things?! :)
I haven't seen the show but I'll have to check it out. Camille and Lindsey are really interested in signing and would love to learn more. I have an ASL textbook but it doesn't have more simple things, it has lots of phrases. Claire knows just a few.
I LOVE these too. It's probably been a year since we checked them out (I have to put them on hold to get any) and I just got back into them . . . I was choking up when they were learning "outside" signs! My favorite by far is the Baby Signing Time series--my favorite songs to sing to my kids at night is "you are very special" song and "catepillar dreams." Choke me up every time!
Post a Comment