Monday, September 26, 2011

A Day to Remember

Whew!  It has been a long time since we've posted.  Long enough to have a baby.  Which, in fact, we DID.  Little Ezra David is now almost 8 weeks old!  The time has literally flown by.  I've been stewing about a "welcome baby" post, but figured I would break the thick ice (from not posting) with these little anecdotes.

The day could be primarily summarized in one sentence, It Was A Monday.  Not the worst of Mondays, but one of those where you're still waking up from the weekend all day long and its hard to get anything done.  I managed to get dinner cooked before we left for soccer practice.  I gave myself a nice pat on the back for that. {couldn't handle another pizza night after soccer practice}  Anyways we rushed out the door to soccer and when we finally get home, all THREE kids were screaming and crying.  The baby because I woke him up to change his diaper, Mira because her toe hurt (I think) and I'm not sure why Calvin was crying.  So Sean and I chimed in with our fake crying, interspersed with chuckles.  It was LOUD!  Man, oh man.

Then after dinner (roast beef, cabbage and potatoes thank you very much- we were channeling our inner Irishness), I gave the kids goodnight kisses as Sean was telling them a story and Calvin whispers loudly, "Mom, your breath is stinky!"  Sean and I just busted up laughing.  That was the onions and cabbage talking, son.  
  

 Other things I want to remember about today:  I read my scriptures.  Calvin practiced using the phone to call me.  I read to the kids a lot.  They played Star Wars a lot and read books alone.  We cleaned the house together before they got to watch a cartoon.  We stayed home all day.  Ezra slept in the sling a lot.  The kids gave a million kisses and love to Ezra every chance they got.  They love this baby.  Ezra was big enough to prop up on the couch and stay sitting for the first time.

2 comments:

jayna said...

Darling kiddos and welcome to the new baby!

Lulu said...

Awww! I love those average days, that are absolute days to remember. Baby's getting so big, and you're doing a fantastic job Anna!